We are proud to have a staff of over 140 employees. Many of our employees have worked for us for a great number of those 60 years.
Our company is focused on developing each and every one of our employees to form a nimble organisation, ready, willing and continuously significant impacts for our dynamic business and meeting the demands of our customers.
Our employees are the backbone of our company – without them, there is no Dunleavy Meats. We employ 140 people and fully understand that without them it would not be possible to deliver quality Irish products fresh to the world daily.
Our loyal employees combine their strengths, knowledge, and dedication to create a hardworking and enthusiastic team that is the backbone of our company. We are proud of our loyal staff and consider them our extended family.
We are looking to hire an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget, and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
This position reports to the Managing Director and will be a senior financial position in the Company.
The successful candidate will lead and oversee the day-to-day activities of the Finance Team and ensure the companies finance functions are efficient and operate to tight monthly deadlines and focus on continuous improvement of the finance function.
• Manage all accounting operations including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and banking.
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements to include P&L report, debtors and creditors report, and cash flow forecast.
• Develop activity based standard costing.
• Review costings to ensure the most cost-effective processes are in place.
• Prepare statutory accounts with full supporting schedules in preparation for external audit.
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
• Prepare Revenue returns for VAT and payroll tax and other statistical returns as required.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Manage and develop the finance team.
• Any other ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned to you.
Requirements and skills
• Experience working at Financial Controller level.
• 7+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
• A recognised accountancy qualification i.e. ACCA, CAI, or CIMA
• Proficient Excel skills
• Ability to drive continuous improvement and embrace change.
• People management experience.
• Experience working with Collsoft and Sage 50.
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are neither definitive nor restrictive and may change in detail from time-to-time to meet the changing needs of the business.
Dunleavy Meats is an equal opportunity employer